Residence repair loans assist low-income homeowners pay for required and critical repairs. Our objective is always to expel unhealthy or dangerous conditions, eiminate barriers to accessibility, enhance safety for individuals with real disabilities and incorporate energy preservation measures that reduce power expenses and use.
We offer loans to low-income homeowners for required and home that is critical and little funds to low-income individuals with disabilities to create their domiciles more available. Loans and funds available and limits that are income the following.
Fill in an inquiry to learn if you’re qualified!
For low-income individuals with real disabilities to boost safety and access(some tenants might not be qualified): Accessibility funds
For low-income home owners: Home Fix Loans
Us or call 503-655-8591 if you have other quesitons, email.
So how exactly does the Housing Rehabilitation Program work?
This program provides low-interest loans and funds to aid property owners in Clackamas County repair their houses and enhance accessibility.
Procedures to get a true house fix loan or accessibility grant:
- Complete an inquiry that is on-line phone our workplace for support. You may be eligible we will add you to the waiting list if it appears. When capital can be obtained, we will give you a page. If you should be nevertheless interested, you might then apply.
- We’re going to review your determine and application eligibility.
- In the event that you qualify, a Rehab Advisor will examine your premises to ascertain exactly what repairs are essential. Safe practices things are a definite concern.
- You shall request bids from contractors that you choose. A listing of interested contractors can be acquired for the convenience.
- Your Rehab Advisor can assist you through the entire construction procedure.
Low-income homeowners (and qualified tenants) with real disabilities can be entitled to a grant as much as $5,000 to pay for the expense of enhancing access and security. Samples of qualified improvements: wheelchair ramps, handrails and widened doorways, bathroom or kitchen accessibility improvements such as for example roll-in showers, raised toilets and grab pubs. (For tenants in flats, at the very least 51 % regarding the devices when you look at the structure needs to be occupied by low-income households. )
Residence Fix Loans
|solitary Purpose wellness or safety product just. Examples: water/well, septic/sewer, roof or temperature. Primary temperature supply just — woodstoves & pellet stoves are believed a additional temperature supply. (No equity needed. )||$15,000 repairs that are exterior: Roof/Gutters, Paint, Weatherization, Windows/Doors, Foundation. (Credit and equity needs apply. )||$25,000|
|Complete Repairs Complete house repairs must fulfill Community Development rehab standards.||$35,000|
Fundamental loan needs
House should be positioned in Clackamas County and should be looking for fix
Deferred Payment Loan (DPL) terms
Minimal 3percent per year simple interest. Re re Payments are deferred — no monthly premiums. Deferred as long as home owner everyday lives in home, or until offered, name transported, refinance, or modification of good use. Loans are guaranteed by lien on home.
Present yearly income that is gross effective June 28, 2019
Family members’s yearly income that is gross be not as much as 80% regarding the County’s median earnings, as decided by HUD. The limits that are current apply to loans and grants are shown below.
|Domestic Size||Annual Gross money (maximum)|
We have been presently soliciting for contractors whom can be thinking about bidding on projects within the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program. Contractors on our list must certanly be certified, fused and registered utilizing the continuing State of Oregon Construction Contractors Board and now have experience with housing rehabilitation.
We don’t recommend or endorse any contractors. Contractors regarding the HUD debarred list aren’t entitled to use.
If you’re enthusiastic about working together with our system, please finish the specialist information application and return to your workplace. Please include copies of your CCB registration, insurance coverage certificates and certifications of particular trades, including asbestos or paint that is lead-based.
Applications and documents that are supporting be mailed to: Clackamas County Community Development, 2051 Kaen Rd., STE 245, Oregon City, Oregon 97045; Faxed to 503-655-8563; or emailed.
You may call County Rehab Specialists, Jayson Tidland or Mike Woolman at 503-655-8591 if you have any questions or need additional information.
- Applicant must obtain or perhaps property that is buying must certanly be in name
- Owner must reside in property
- Home fees payday loans Maine must certanly be present
- Applicant will need to have enough equity
- Loans for external repairs need that the outside of houses be brought as much as HUD’s Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and Clackamas County’s minimal rehab standards.
- Loans for a solitary function are limited by one wellness or security product just.
- All work needs to be done by Oregon-licensed and bonded contractors.
- Manufactured domiciles in areas usually do not be eligible for that loan. (OK for an Accessibility give. )